Wednesday, September 29, 2004

gifts for a 26-year-old in denial

Today is my birthday. :-) "Go MuzeKez, it's your birthday!" I am now 26 years young. I find it a bit sad that I'm on the downhill slide of my twenties, because I feel I still have much "growing up" to do, and I don't really care to do it just yet!

Luckily for me, I am blessed with wonderful parents who are more than happy to allow me to cling desperately to my youth for as long as I wish. In fact, they even encourage it! Hmm, what would you guess is hiding inside the box wrapped in paper that looks good enough to eat?


what's in the box?


For the record, this paper was (disappointingly) NOT like the lickable wallpaper in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I couldn't resist testing it, just in case!

Anyway, if you guessed "Harry Potter lego!" you'd be right! Woohoo! I took a break from working on assignments to assemble it, as you can see below (click on the image for an even closer view):


the Knight Bus


What fun! It's so groovy and purple! And it even has beds inside it that slide around, heehee. And er, yes that is indeed a Care Bears card, with stickers included, and a picture to colour in on the reverse. "Just wanna be a Care Bear!" Oh, I'm regressing to my childhood. Quirky fact: in primary school I had a friend who called me "Care Bear".

So there you have it - another year older, yet still no closer to growing up. ;-)

-----

5 comments:

Ben said...

Hapoy Birthday Kez :)

Hugh said...

What Ben said :)

Pickwick said...

Happy Birthday! Thought I was going to miss it and asked Casyn to sing you the birthday song, but looks like I get to do it myself! *clears throat* Are you kidding? I'm in a public place! :-)

Anyhoo, 26 is peanuts, and you can cling to your mid-20s until you're 28, I calculate. So get that bus and make those beds slide for all they're worth.

Oh, and have a piece of cake for me. I think I just became hungry for the first time today...

Inspiral said...

"Happy Happy birthday,
From all of us to you,
We wish it was our birthday,
So we could party too!"

Happy Birthday MuzeKez, I sing to you the birthday song from The Emperor's New Groove. A nice change from the regular 'happy birthday' tune. :)

Casyn said...

Happy Bday!

Sorry I didn't get to say it yesterday and that I didn't get to do ask Pickwick asked (i.e. sending you an email, not singing!).

:-)