Saturday, September 04, 2004

batman has an aragorn moment

This morning I downloaded the teaser preview for "Batman Begins". For the record, I think that's a pretty dumb title, hopefully they'll think up something a little more catchy before the movie is released. Anyway, like most teasers it doesn't give much away but is just intriguing enough to whet the appetite and stir some interest. Worked for me, I'm suitably curious for more. There are some beautiful location shots in the teaser, and (girly moment!) Christian Bale's sexy voiceover works a treat.

One part of the teaser had me laughing though! Pray tell, do the following screen shots recall another major movie preview moment? (If not, look to the post title for a blatantly obvious hint.)


Batman Begins teaser screenshot 1

Batman Begins teaser screenshot 2


I'm wondering if it's just a strange coincidence or a conscious decision.. hmm. :-) Either way, I know it's early days but I think it's safe to say that I'll be checking this one out whenever it hits cinemas next year. I've found something to enjoy about all the previous Batman flicks, although there was very little to recommend "Batman and Robin", including the casting of George Clooney (who does nothing for me). Fingers crossed that Christian Bale can do the character justice.

I also downloaded the preview for "Wimbledon", which opens at the end of the month. It looks sweet, charming and funny, and it stars Paul Bettany. Count me in!

(Jurassic Punk is my source of choice for movie preview downloads.)

-----
feeling: chipper!
groovin' to: "Two Points For Honesty" - Guster
-----

3 comments:

Pickwick said...

Don't you just love Paul Bettany in 'Knight's Tale'? I'd like to maintain, also, that there is more to it than the fleeting shot of his bare arse...

MuzeKez said...

I laughed heartily at that comment - the bare arse shot is rather more than fleeting, wouldn't you say? ;-) Have you listened to the Brian Helgeland/Paul Bettany commentary on the DVD? There's some amusing discussion regarding Bettany appearing naked. And yes, I do absolutely love his performance in that film. He's wonderful! :-)

Pickwick said...

I have watched all the commentary on the DVD. It's one of the better ones I've spent my time doing so with.

I was REALLY trying to downplay the focus on his tusch! You blew me out of the water *blushes* :-D