Thursday, September 09, 2004

and now it's answer time!

The first batch of three questions come courtesy of Verbs.

1. What is your absolute favourite film of all time?

I ummed and ahhed about saying "The Lord of the Rings" but since that is actually three films it probably shouldn't count. ;-) Unfair advantage and all that. So, in light of that reasoning, my absolute favourite film is.. "Circle of Friends". 'tis a charming, gentle story, set in Ireland, about young people's loves and lives (one young woman in particular), and it's long held a special place in my heart. It has that certain fairytale romance element that makes the romantic sap in me *sigh* blissfully.

2. At what age did you find out the "truth" about santa, and how did you feel at the time?

Way to test the memory! I honestly cannot recall what age I discovered the "truth", but I don't believe I was too affected by the gaining of such wisdom. I certainly don't have any traumatic memories regarding Santa! I will say though, that one Christmas eve many years ago, while we (my family) were housesitting for relatives on the Gold Coast, I was tucked up in bed, gazing out the window, when I saw a red streak zoom across the sky. Naturally I was convinced this was Santa, and even learning the "truth" has never dimmed this exciting memory.

3. If you were given the choice of living for ever, would you take up the offer?

Nope! :-) That way lies madness! I believe we each spend as much or as little time as intended on this beautiful earth, and to choose to live forever would be overstaying my welcome. Plus I don't fancy the thought of watching generations of loved ones age and die. I'll be satisfied with however long I'm here.

-----

The second batch of three questions come courtesy of Amanda.

1) At this stage in your life -no matter what you may actually be aiming for- what is the one occupation you wish you could have if you were told you'd be doing it successfully for the rest of your life?

I think I'd like to be Hugh Jackman's personal assistant. *hee* Alright, in all honesty, if I have the guarantee of being successful at it for the rest of my life, I'll take the occupation of film score composer, thanks! :-) Especially if I can bypass the years of training at music conservatoriums that reject my applications..! I think this would be the most soul-filling occupation I could have.

2) What was your favourite book as a child? (youngest memory you have)

I have fond early memories of a book called "Oopsie the Witch" (yes, it's still in our bookshelf!). She liked lemon meringue pie, I like lemon meringue pie, I think I felt an affinity with Oopsie because of this. :-) Also, I know Ben will be disappointed if I don't mention Yok-Yok, but I think he was more of a Yok-Yok fan than I was. Yok-Yok liked to catch the stars, and put them in his walnut shell.

3) Out of all the chat programs on the web, different blogger types and plain old e-mail, which has been your favourite source used to communicate with online friends since way back when you first started using the web?

Funny you should mention 'way back when you first started using the web', because I think it would have to be IRC. I have no interest in using it now, but I used to have great times chatting on a channel called #black and I really liked that open chatting environment with lots of people all typing like mad. :-) Oh, and the desperation to become an Op and get the little @ before your nick! Good times, good times.

-----

The final batch of three questions come courtesy of Pickwick.

Q1. If a movie was to be made of your life, which actors would you get to play your parents, Ben, you and your first lover... add to that the inevitable and 'why'?

If a movie was to be made of my life, would you go and see it? ;-) Let's see.. I'd like Tom Hanks to play my Dad for the simple reason that I know he's adept at growing a full beard, which is an absolute must for anyone portraying my Father! *heehee* Mum's a tricky one, I'll come back to her. Ben can be played by David Boreanaz, because they both "don't dance". Also, David has a nice surprising sense of comedic timing which I think would be important, and he can do "geeky" as well. *bwahaha* Actually, David looks a little old to convincingly portray the youthful looks of Ben. Perhaps a young Ben Mendelsohn? Tobey Maguire is a must in the role of my first lover - he'd need elements of his portrayal of Peter Parker to play said lover. ;-) And finally I want Liv Tyler to play me, just because I think she's fabulous (and I can't actually come up with an appropriate actress).

Oh wait! Mum! The best I can come up with is Susan Sarandon (though she has a few years on my Mum). But she is also fabulous, and can convincingly portray a full spectrum of emotions.

Q2. If you could be a fly on any wall, at any time, which wall would it be, where, when and ... why?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall of an ATM when an exceptionally wealthy person is punching in their pin number. Now there's a short, sweet answer.. if rather devious and evil. ;-)

Q3. I'm raising you on that fire... There's a nuclear bomb heading our way. You have a Super-Dooper, Anti-Nuke-'Em fallout shelter that takes 10. Who do you want to put in there with you? You'll be spending a lot of time together, and there's always that small issue of re-population...

What an easy question. I'll take nine of the most intelligent, well-read, talented and finest looking males on the planet! I'm sure my loved ones will understand.. ;-) Actually, I don't think I would forgive myself if I didn't take my family with me - that's Mum and Dad, brother and sister-in-law and two nephews. Of course, that still leaves room for three of the most intelligent, well-read, talented and finest looking males on the planet! I'm more than happy to do my bit to "repopulate". But wait, we're going to encounter inbreeding issues much too quickly. Hmm, this question is not so easy as I thought.

-----

7 comments:

Hugh said...

No vending macchine post :(

Good answers.

MuzeKez said...

No :-( it took me too long to write all these answers - but a vending machine post may yet appear!

Ben said...

I would have picked Jacki Chan to play me. Not that I have anything in common, I'd just enjoy watching my life reinterpreted as kungfu comedy!

Yok-yok cracks me up. It's not my favourite book though... it's just the best "hey look at this whacky book" book!

MuzeKez said...

Hahaha, Jackie Chan! I just can't see it, but it would be pretty entertaining I suppose. ;-)

OzBrat said...

I remember you mentioning #black, back in the day! And yes, becoming an op with the fancy @ next to your name was most certainly a big thing. I liked IRC too, actually.

Great answers!

Ben said...

@ps was easy to get, you only had to press ALT+F4 like the channel title said!

SingleFin said...

Ha ha! I'm robbing this question post idea! Mwah ha ha!