Sunday, September 12, 2004

incy wincy spider, sitting on my blind

This morning when I joyously flung my curtains wide to greet this glorious September morn, I instead found myself eyeballing an incy wincy spider who had taken up residence on my (external) blind during the night.

incy wincy spider I'm a big scaredy when it comes to spiders. Even seeing this, admittedly mid-sized one outside the house made me hop from one foot to another while wringing my hands and squealing "get it off get it off get it off!" Okay, I didn't actually physically do that but I sure felt like doing it! Logic tells me that it's just one short leap for incy wincy to find himself on my fly screen, and I know spiders. They're tricksy critters, able to squeeze themselves through teensy holes to come inside a house. Go on, click on the pic to get a lovely close up view of his spindley extended leg, I dare ya!

Anyway, I've opened my blind in the hope that a gust of wind will snatch incy wincy from my blind and carry him, floating merrily, to a happier spider place.

-----

10 comments:

OzBrat said...

"incy wincy"?! That ain't wincy! And damn you for putting the pic within your entry like that. Scared the crap out of me :P

*gets excited about Idol tonight*

Anonymous said...

Idol was very good tonight.

It's not the inciest spider of all time, but it's definitely incy compared to some I've seen. ;)

Hugh said...

Damn!! that's the second anonymous post I've made tonight...the other one was on my blog! :(

OzBrat said...

Idol was really good! Especially Daniel. Oo-la-la. I've made an mp3 of both his performances now so he can sing to me all day. Bwaha!

And yes, there are bigger spiders. But even the teeeeniest ones are huge to me. LOL!

MuzeKez said...

Heehee! There is some serious zoom in action there, it looks much bigger than it was, especially if you clicked on the pic for the enlarged view. Did you, Amanda? ;-)

Idol was great last night! I loved the whole show! Hey (anonymous) Verbs, did you notice how pretty young Taswegian Amali's makeup and hairstyle was..? ;-) Or were you too busy reminding yourself how young she is, like I've noticed several blokes admitting to on the Idol messageboards this morning. *lol*

Hugh said...

No. I wasn't looking at her hair or makeup. Hahaha.

She's a bit young though. ;)

Hugh said...

PS: What AI forum are you reading MuzeKez?

MuzeKez said...

I browse the official forums at the AI website. They're a nightmare though! I just haven't been able to find any other forums dedicated to the show.. :-( it'd be nice to find one with mature, intelligent discussion and significantly less negativity!

Unknown said...

Kudos for taking the pic and double kudos for posting...I would have fainted!

MuzeKez said...

Hehe, thanks for stopping by my blog - do hope the picture of the spider didn't have any nasty effect on you?!