Friday, September 03, 2004

yes this post is about football

Just giving prior warning there to anyone who isn't interested in football and therefore can choose not to read on. :-)

So I have the AFL on, it's midway through the third and the Lions are just stompin' all over the Saints. And when I say stompin', I'm not exaggerating, because Brisbane are more than double the Saints lowly tally to date. That's some pretty serious stompin'. And St Kilda are supposed to be the "heir apparents" (I'm quoting commentators here) - I think not, baby puppies.

(Geez Michael Voss is sweating like a pig. Obviously he's been working exceptionally hard, good to see.)

This bodes well for premiership #4. I don't think I'm counting my chickadees before they hatch by declaring that either.. heck I declared it months ago. I mean, anything can happen in the finals series but Brisbane are just looking so *on*, firing at the right time and all that.

Memo to self: buy spiffy li'l Lions supporter badge from Newsagency on Sunday.

-----

4 comments:

Hugh said...

Didn't the Lions lose their first final last year? What does it mean when you ask a question you know the answer to? Who's going to win the Federal Election? Why do I ask so many questions? Hehehe, ok...seriously:

If Port lose this week then the Lions will no doubt "romp it home". If Port however win this week, then, by the end of the weekend in two weeks time it should all start to get a little exciting...at present it's about as exciting as question time in parliament. ;)

Pickwick said...

Questions you know the answer to, don't answer, and expect others to know the answer to are generally considered to be rhetorical... The technique was formed as a method of persuasion and is more often used in issues of social conscience and ethical discussions than football...

What does it say about me that I don't like football but read anyway? I was made to watch the final two years ago as I was painting, but everytime I popped my head in the room, the Lions drew in front. Thus, I was 'made' to sit through the final quarter as a lucky talisman. However, whilst I know they won because of me, I still couldn't wait for that siren...

MuzeKez said...

Hey, even I was getting bored in the final quarter. But of course that was probably because the Lions allowed the Saints to save face.. meanwhile, go Geelong! :-)

I notice AFL.com has this delightful headline this morning: "Lions truly ROAR-some!" Couldn't have said it better myself!

Pickwick, my most sincere thanks for your efforts in helping the Lions home in last year's Grand Final! Do hope you'll be chained to the TV this year should they make it that far.. ;-)

Hugh said...

Were you painting a picture or the walls and ceiling Pickwick?