Wednesday, September 01, 2004

supanova - the suspense is thrilling me!

My body is literally wriggling with the excitement.. or perhaps it's the fact that I'm sick and I'm shivering uncontrollably.. no matter. This morning when I collected the mail there was a card from the postie advising that I have a registered letter to pick up from the local PO. It will be my ticket for Supanova! WOOHOO!! I had been debating about whether or not to go for sometime, mostly lured by the chance to see Mr John Rhys-Davies speak, until my mind was made up for me recently by the announcement that Mr Sean Astin will also be attending. Double WOOHOO!!

This will be my virgin convention experience and I am very, very much looking forward to it. I decided to just buy a ticket to attend on Saturday because I thought 8 hours of convention would probably be enough, don't want to overdo it the first time. ;-) I'm mostly interested in checking out all associated with The Lord of the Rings (aside from Astin and Rhys-Davies, John Noble will also be in attendance along with some folk from WETA) as I really don't know any of the other people booked to appear. But I did discover that this spunky Canadian actor from JAG will be there. I don't watch JAG, but listed in this guy's acting credits are an appearance on an episode of Buffy, and two appearances on Miracles (a short-lived TV show that I loved), which therefore makes him pretty cool in my eyes.

If anyone has attended a convention before and has any tips for me on making the most of my convention experience, please share. I'm sure I'll have a blast!

-----

3 comments:

Casyn said...

I wish I could change this font colour to GREEN!

I've never been to any type of convention, they always sound like a lot of fun. I wanna go!

I express my most humble wish to hear everything about it. A minute by minute report :-)

MuzeKez said...

I can guarantee an extensive write-up, I'm sure I won't be able to stop myself from doing so! :-) Roll on September 18th!

Ben said...

I want gifts. Anime stuff could be a good way to go ... :)