Friday, October 01, 2004

say g'day to my new fishy friends

One of the few items on my birthday gift wish list this year was a couple of lionhead fishies. They are quite quirky looking and, frankly, rather cute (as fish go). My Nana decided she would grant this birthday wish and gifted me with the money to buy two of the little guys, so I ventured to the local Aquarium yesterday and picked out my new pets. I present.. Frodo and Peregrin Lionhead!


Frodo Lionhead Peregrin Lionhead Cute Fishies!


Frodo is the longer, lighter coloured fish, while Peregrin is the stumpy orange. They have yet to develop their "manes", obviously. :-) Hopefully they will survive long enough to do so! Unfortunately they were chased around the tank yesterday by one of the demon fish! The guy at the Aquarium assured me that it would be safe to put the little guys in with goldfish because, and I quote, "goldfish are very sociable". Uhuh, I see, very sociable and also either (a) very randy or (b) very territorial. They seem okay today, not being chased quite so relentlessly (they are not fast swimmers) and have also managed to find themselves some nifty little hiding nooks. Quirky and smart, what a super combination!

-----

2 comments:

Pickwick said...

Very cute indeed!

I used to have tropical fish and was given two 'silver dollars', one of which was more amorous than the other. One day the male charged the female, she dodged at the last minute and he slammed into the side of the tank, head first. He swam in a rather wonky manner for about a day, before he died as a result of thinking with his... well, I'll leave it there!

MuzeKez said...

I would love to add a "Merry" and "Samwise" to the fish tank. :-) I'm going to wait at least a month and see how Frodo and Peregrin cope with the demon fish, and then, if all the fishies are playing nice, I'll pop back to the Aquarium.

They do seem to be settling in by the way, and the demon fish are not hassling them as much thank goodness!