Friday, October 15, 2004

all work and no play

..makes me a dull person, and this a dull blog! But a temporary end to the work is in sight. Today I handed in two assignments (that makes three for this week), leaving me with only one to complete. Then I'm done for this semester and all set to enjoy a few months of summer holiday bliss. Ahhh, I can smell that sweet salted air already.. which is odd because I probably won't actually spend much time at the beach. Or maybe I will, who can say?

Anyway, so time for an odd and random anecdote. Yesterday my sister-in-law rescued me from the drudgery of assignments for a short time so we could take in a movie. (We saw Wimbledon, we liked Wimbledon, you can read my short review over there to your right. --->) After the movie we both had to buy loaves of bread for our respective families, and while in the grocery store we came across a display of Greenseas Flavoured Tunas. I'm a big fan of tuna sandwiches and my flavours of choice are "Lightly Smoked" and "Tomato and Basil". Yesterday I decided to try something different and settled for "Spicy Chilli". Now, it should be noted that I'm quite a fusspot when it comes to food and far from adventurous. I don't mind "mild" spices, but anything beyond that is usually a no no. But I was thinking, seriously, how spicy can it be, it's mostly tuna with a bit of flavouring, right?

Imagine my surprise then, when I pulled back the lid of the can, and discovered, there nestled snug in a bed of tuna, a 3cm long WHOLE chilli! *gasp*

I didn't eat it. The chilli I mean - the tuna tasted great though, but a little spicier than I like. Perhaps I'll have to try the "Sweet Chilli" variety and forego the spicy. ;-)

-----
feeling: uninspired [uninspired, alas, one assignment still to go!]
groovin' to: "Crush" - Gavin DeGraw
bookworm currently enjoying: "Guardians of the Lost" - Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman
-----

7 comments:

Inspiral said...

I read the part about the chilli and I laughed so much! I don't know what they were thinking at the tuna factory that day!

My tomato and basil tuna was very tasty and contained no 3cm long anythings. Bummer.

Ben said...

smells of a plot leading to less tuna, more profit. and if you wanted a pepper, all you had to do is ask!

Pickwick said...

We all look forward to the end of your assignments - maybe almost as much as you do!

I agree with you about 'Wimbeldon', though actually got a bit bored with the tennis. It was no grand slam.

And Memento! I saw it at the cinema and have wanted to view it again ever since. You may have inspired me. Will you be insanely jealous to know I went to school with Guy Pearce? I remember in the school production when he was in Year 12, we would all make sure we were accidentally in the green room when he had to walk through to go on stage dressed only in a towel... well, we liked to imagine that he didn't have anything on underneath!;-)

Hugh said...

At least you got to chat with me early in the day, right Kez? ;-)

I remember you went to school with GP Pickles. I love Memento. One of my favs! That must of been just before he ended up on Neighbours.

MuzeKez said...

Inspiral: I almost emailed you right after opening the tin, I was so shocked! :-) But then I decided it would make for a funny blog post. I only wish now that I had thought to take a photo.

Ben: You could be onto something there! Am tempted now to buy another tin just to see if there is also another whole chilli taking up tuna space. Maybe there is a person working at the Greenseas factory whose job it is to slip a chilli into each tin. Hmm, by the way, the chilli looked anorexic compared to your peppers! ;-)

Pickwick: I am insanely jealous! Guy Pearce is a bit o' alright. :-) Wish I had gone to school with someone famous.. have not heard of anyone from the highschool I attended making it big. *sigh*

Verbs: Yes, chatting was good.. although I must have been really dull because you just stopped talking to me! :-P Or maybe that was when the Foxtel man had arrived?

Hugh said...

Yes, you are right. The Foxtel man did arrive. Did you know I got Foxtel on Friday? I wonder? Everybody, Foxtel, Friday, Foxtel. Hehe.

Inspiral said...

I was going to ask for a photo of the chilli to be put up on your blog too!

Mum saw Wimbledon on Thursday too and during the final match when Peter won Mum yelled out "Yes! Woo hoo!" then died of embarrassment when she remembered it wasn't real tennis. Ha ha :)