Tuesday, August 17, 2004

muzing # 049: oh blogger, what have you done?

You've stuffed up my layout, that's what! I do prefer this new navigation bar to the big ugly bannerads, but I shall have to make some fixes to my template. Hopefully not too many.

In other news, how I wish I could put my life on hold every time the Olympics come around. I love the Olympics! It's fantastic to be able to experience so many different sports, and to see elite athletes perform in all those different sports. This year the Athens Olympics just so happen to coincide with a pretty heavy assignment time for me. How very unfortunate! I'm wondering if I requested an extension with the reason of: "watching the Olympics", whether any of my lecturers would grant it. I know, I know, wishful thinking (and rather foolish).

I've got myself nicely set up, having moved an old small TV from downstairs into the computer room. So now I can watch while I work. Or watch while I *pretend* to work. Or maybe just watch and bugger the working altogether!

Go Aussies!

-----
feeling: pretty damn cool!
currently watching: Men's Gymnastics
-----

4 comments:

Casyn said...

The new nav bar is much better on the eye, except that mine has gone sideways and bunched up in the middle. Fugly is what it is. Anyway...

I was watching the gymnasts earlier and they are pretty amazing. Shame we can't muster up a group of guys to take on the world.

At least having the TV in your computer room allows you to fool yourself into thinking you will be able to do work between interesting events. :-)

Hugh said...

1.30am and all I can think about is OLYMPICS!! oh and my work...but the Olympics is on!! Swimming soon.

TV is work's arch enemy.

The key is to convince yourself you are working whilst you are actually watching. Tell yourself you need to watch a little Olympics to ensure you are fresh for the (very rare) times you will actually be working....mind over matter. :)

MuzeKez said...

Casyn: I was also disappointed there weren't enough Aussie male gymnasts to compete in the Team Event. It was great to see our Aussie girls make it to the Team final though, even if they finished 8th. :-)

verbs: I got out of my warm cosy bed at 3:30am last night to watch some of the swimming finals. It's a disease I tell you!

Who am I kidding? The assignments I have due in the next few weeks are going to be total slap-up jobs. Where are my priorities?!

Ben said...

what, olympics are on AGAIN? good thing I don't watch TV anymore ... especially not channel 7.