Friday, August 06, 2004

muzing # 041: flash fun & d'onofrio dreams

Not sure if I have mentioned this previously, but I'm learning Flash at uni this semester. It's something I've toyed with teaching myself for sometime then never got around to it, so it's cool that uni is forcing me to learn. So far I'm having fun with it but haven't produced anything worth sharing. What is worth sharing though, is this site: tokyoplastic.com. We had a look at it during a lecture earlier in the week and it's so very groovy I had to share! Check out the drummachine (you'll find the link once the cool tree menu loads) and prepare to be impressed and entertained by the wonders of Flash creations! It may take a while to load if you're languishing on dialup (like myself), but I personally think it's worth your time. Oh, make sure you have your volume up.

In entirely unrelated matters, here follows an amusing personal anecdote!
d'onofrio, dream invader Woke this morning from a dream that starred Vincent D'Onofrio. In the interests of making a long story short, in the dream I was one of D'Onofrio's students, though I don't know what subject he was teaching except that instead of textbooks I had a pile of magazines on my desk. Celebrity Gossip 101? Anyway, D'Onofrio was also the object of my affection, and I spent much of the dream trying to seduce him (outside of class).. by blackmailing him! It was really bizarre and completely out of character for me, but I woke up feeling a sense of disappointment that he had resisted my blackmailing charms.

Anyway, the dream amused me greatly as I had no idea I fancied the man, though I will admit I am a fan of his quirky Detective Goren persona. My celebrity infatuations tend more toward the likes of Tobey Maguire, Ioan Gruffudd, Hans Matheson and Hugh Jackman *reeoww*, depending on my mood. ;-) Evidently my subconscious mind feels I should add D'Onofrio to that list. Hmm.

-----
feeling: giggley
groovin' to: "Did You" - Hoobastank
-----

3 comments:

Hugh said...

Out of character eh? And what dirt did you have on poor old Vince that allowed you to blackmail the man...?

I don't read many women's magazines but I'm pretty sure blackmail isn't very high on their list of suggested seduction techniques.

MuzeKez said...

Damn, so that's what I've been doing wrong all these years! ;-) I don't read many womens magazines either, perhaps I should start?

As for what I had to blackmail D'Onofrio with in my dream, I wasn't going to get into that because it just takes the dream to an even weirder level, but since you asked.. I was threatening to accuse him of sexually harassing another student. Heh, ohhh.. so very very wrong!

Hugh said...

:) Who would've thought...the affable (but intense) Detective Groren!