Monday, August 09, 2004

muzing # 044: turtle power!

In the interests of passing some time today while waiting for a movie's start time, I checked out my local video game arcade, conveniently located next door to the cinema. Haven't been there in a while, now that I have to pay to play the games. I was a Daytona addict in the days when I used to call the arcade my place of employment and consequently enjoyed free gaming.

raphaelAnyway, a new company has since taken over the arcade and they've brought in an old-school arcade game that my brother and I used to invest much time and money in.. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I guess today's kids can be enticed to play it since the Turtles have made a comeback, though I don't know how they feel about the quality of graphics and gameplay. But for someone like me, it's like seeing a long lost friend again! I got a real kick out of playing it (as Raphael, he was always my favourite) and it was pretty good value - a buck for five rounds of credits. Sweet.

It all came back to me as soon as I started playing, and I think I moved quite a respectable way through the game on my one buck. I'm so out of practice though, my arms were aching by the time I finished! Perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic with that Attack button. Oops!

-----
groovin' to: "Old Devil Moon" - Jamie Cullum
last movie viewing: "Spider-Man 2" [cinema] 5 stars
-----

2 comments:

Ben said...

"Fire!"
"Hang on April!"
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!Teenage Mutant Ninje Turtles!!Heroes in a half shellTurtle power!

Hugh said...

The Turtles are back! Only a week ago somebody mentioned the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster on my bedroom wall...we decided it was from the second movie though it's hard to tell.

When I was 16, working in an acrade was my idea of paradise, or at worst, the perfect job...except for the bratty kids.