Monday, July 19, 2004

muzing # 032: back to the grind

Day 1 of Semester 2. I'm killing time at uni. From next week I will have a tutorial to fill the two hour gap between lectures on Monday but today I have to sit here and twiddle my thumbs. Or type. Because typing is better exercise for the fingers.

I hate how it has only taken one 50 minute lecture to convince me that, no, I in fact have never been away from uni and have not just enjoyed five weeks of blissful slothdom. *sigh* At least now that the semester has started I can comfort myself with the thought that in only 13 weeks I will enjoy more holidays. Gee, what an enthusiastic start to the semester!

Actually, first lecture wasn't too bad. The lecturer looks similar to Billy Connolly and has a broad Scottish accent, so if I squint a little I can convince myself that I'm actually enjoying a session of stand-up comedy! Except it's not especially funny stand-up comedy.

I'm just babbling. Still an hour and 40 minutes to kill. Why can't they install some arcade games at the uni? Back in my days at Gardens Point campus there was a room full of arcade games, I wonder if it's still there. Kelvin Grove campus is lousy. I'm bored - dance monkeys, dance!

Yeah. So I imagine my muzings will gradually become more irregular as the semester progresses, possibly stopping altogether if I get behind with assignments. Talking about study isn't very interesting. Maybe a rat will dash across the floor in one of my lectures and I can jump on my chair and start squealing. That would make for an exciting blog entry! Maybe I could just pretend that I saw a rat dash across the floor..

-----

3 comments:

Hugh said...

Scottish lecturer....? Sounds a bit like the enigmatic Professor Maclennan...hehe...don't think you'll be seeing to many rats in the new KP campus...GP would definitely be a chance though.

MuzeKez said...

Hahaha, that's him! :-) You must have enjoyed his exuberant lectures in the past, yes?

Hugh said...

Hehe...indeed I have. Prepare to be facinated by the mad Scottsman. :)