Wednesday, July 07, 2004

muzing # 024: he's got a huge.. talent!

I only watch Rove when there are guests who interest me. As it happens last night there was not one, but two guests I was incredibly eager to see: two actors who star in shows I adore: James Marsters ("Spike" in Buffy and Angel), and Ioan Gruffudd (of Hornblower fame).

Ioan Gruffudd as Lancelot First up was Ioan Gruffudd, who was there to promote the upcoming King Arthur, though there was, disappointingly, little discussion about it. Rove seemed more interested in talking about Hornblower's costumes. It was a rather unenlightening interview (standard Rove fare) but frankly I was happy enough just to listen to Gruffudd's easy-on-the-ears accent. ;-) However, the interview concluded on a high note, with Gruffudd revealing his "amazing talents" (a theme for the show last night). He was blessed with an unusually long tongue, with which he can perform some quite remarkable contortions...

... which resulted in some interesting muzings on my part, none of which can be repeated as this is a G-rated public blog.

James Marsters as Spike Moving on to James Marsters, I can't much recall what he spoke about, as I spent the duration of his interview being amused by his somewhat manic demeanor. Apparently he was nervous, but I'm wondering if it was a nicotine patch high. I don't know much about such things, but I do believe the recommended number of patches to apply at any one time is one - Marsters had two. He did share some potentially exciting news for we Buffy and Angel fans (currently mourning the end of both shows) by admitting that he has signed on for a "Spike" telemovie. Apparently this is contingent on other cast members agreeing to a series of four telemovies, focusing on individual characters.

Fingers crossed for that! I think of all the characters in the Buffy/Angel 'verse, I'd be most interested in movies devoted to Spike, Drusilla, Wesley and Giles.

-----
feeling: cheery
groovin' to: "My Immortal" - Evanescence
last movie viewing: "The Sin Eater" [DVD] 3 stars
-----

3 comments:

Ben said...

Great idea from James though, all smokes should get off the ciggies and on to the patches. He reckons it's a smoother ride - better than smoking (high) / not smoking (low) - I'm just chuffed patches don't pollute the air for the rest of us.

Awesome suggestion!

MuzeKez said...

Haha, so true! James is a genius - slightly mental, but a genius nonetheless. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I was so embarrassed for James Marsters on ROVE, I can't even tell you.

And now I'm gonna stop reading really old entries in your blog and just try and keep up with the new ones ;)