Monday, July 12, 2004

muzing # 026: a merry mid-year christmas

Yesterday I experienced my first "Christmas in July" celebration. Traditionally, the extended family has our Christmas get-together on Boxing Day. Last year, after yet another stinking hot and humid Boxing Day we decided to move our Christmas celebration to the cooler middle of the year. Oddly enough, it was so warm yesterday it almost felt like a mild summer's day!

As far as I could tell, all shared the opinion that it was a resounding success. It even felt quite Christmassy - with lots of wee kiddies (the next generation) frolicking around and being excited about presents, how could it not? :-) (Plus there was the delicious plum pudding my Grandma cooked up.)

And now I look forward to this year's Boxing Day, lounging in front of the tele with a fan and trays of ice cubes to keep me cool, recovering from Christmas Day overindulgence... and watching day one of the Boxing Day Test!
-----

1 comment:

MuzeKez said...

Hey Haydn, there's a first time for everything. :-) I must say, many's the Boxing Day I have wished I could be anywhere other than here - the UK would probably be a lovely alternative, although maybe a little too chilly?