Monday, June 21, 2004

muzing # 015: real world uni

Yesterday, while working on some website layout concepts for a friend of mine, it occurred to me that I was finally using a skill I had acquired at university (in this case CSS), outside of university work! My first thought was, wow, that's pretty cool. This was immediately followed by the realisation that two and a half years of university study has only equipped me with one useful skill. What's even more alarming than this realisation is the fact that all of my university study to date has been at a university that uses the slogan: "a university for the real world" in all their advertising. (Look! It's right there on the uni home page!)

Hmm, I wonder if I can get a refund for those two years of study that didn't equip me for the real world, on the grounds of a false advertising claim...

No comments: