Saturday, November 27, 2004

blogfession: the new boy in my life

Yes, the time has come for me to make my blogfession. While I remain committed to the belief that some aspects of one's life are not really appropriate post material in the blog environment, I am concerned my recent absence in blogland has become fodder for blogossips, and that's just not on! I'm here to set the record straight.

It is true, there is a new boy in my life. :-) We met only recently, and it was not, as some of you may have guessed, via the online dating site. In actual fact, our meeting was facilitated by my Mother! I know that sounds a bit hokey, but to be honest there is no-one who knows me better than my Mother. She knows what I like, what I want, and most importantly what I need. When she showed me a picture of my boy, I knew that she was spot on with her prediction that it would be love at first sight. *siggggh*

And love at first sight it was, on both our behalves. How rare and beautiful is such an occurrence? On the day we met, he said not a word of complaint as I wandered around the shopping centre with him in tow. I think he was just delighted to be in my company. How sweet is that? We have spent many blissful hours together since that shopping centre meeting. He is a quiet and reserved type, so mostly we have stayed in, cuddling in front of the television taking in a number of movies. He's a cuddle-aholic! Luckily, so am I. He's also extremely easy going, always happy to allow me to choose the movies and willing to watch whatever takes my fancy. The other night we watched "Secret Window" - which really just gave me an excuse to snuggle into him during the scary bits. ;-)

I've often come home to find him waiting for me, lounging on my bed, in nothing but a silky red ribbon... am I getting too personal here? Oh well, better not go into any more detail other than to say that his name is Bobby, and he said it was fine if I wanted to share a pic with you all, dear blog friends.


Bobby


Is he not the cutest boy bear you ever did see?


heeheehehehe!


PS. Lady Beetle thinks he belongs to her, but I know better.

-----

7 comments:

Pickwick said...

You tease! I choked, literally, as I read further into your description, relieved only once you revealed all.

What a laugh!

SingleFin said...

*just* a red ribbon? picture? I wasn't sure I wanted to scroll any further then... phew!

Ben said...

I knew it!

Pickwick said...

Hehe - I realise I have a new bear, too. I got him last week, which is bizarre, as I'm not a bear person as a rule. He's yet to be named, but perhaps he and Bobby would like to get together to play some time...

Hugh said...

Cute. Just one thing though, given we got see a pic of the bear...are you really sure it's a boy?

OzBrat said...

Yes, Bobby is cute. But my Henry Bear is way cuter *blows raspbarries at you*

OzBrat said...

Hohum. Yes, that would be raspberries. :P