Wednesday, December 01, 2004

oh christmas tree

December 1st has long been designated Christmas Tree Decoration Day in this household. Furthermore, for a number of years now, I have been the designated Christmas Decorator. Therefore, 'tis always a great joy for me when December 1st rolls around; I wake up excited for the day ahead, perhaps even more excited than on Christmas Day itself!

Christmas Tree Decoration Day jumpstarts the festive spirit within, for me anyway. I lug the tree and decorations out of storage, then dust off the Christmas CDs and pump cheery tunes out of the stereo while I set to work. It typically takes me a few CDs to finish my decorating, because I like to pause from time to time to sing along with the carols or groove around the tree as I see fit.

Each year I like to add something new to the tree. This year I decided the tree was long past due for a new set of lights! I found a pretty set of 36 star-shaped lights that have numerous flashing functions. I can't wait for the big unveil tonight - since I have placed the tree right behind one of our front windows, I'm going to drag my folks outside and have them do the drumroll, a la "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation". Should be a laugh! Hopefully some of the neighbours will be out and about to join in the fun, though that's unlikely. But you never know!

Anyway, in the spirit of spreading Christmas cheer, I am going to post a pic of our Christmas tree - also with the hope that it might encourage others to do the same! I love seeing how different folks spruce up their festive season. :-)


oh christmas tree


-----

10 comments:

OzBrat said...

Ooooh pretty tree! :D I'd show you our tree if we HAD one. We're not getting one at all this Christmas. We've gone from real trees so huge they folded over the ceiling, to fake but decent sized ones, to now nothing at all. Oh wait, we have a 30cm fake one sitting on the buffet but that so doesn't count. :P

So anyway I have a few questions (some relating to Your Christmas Past)..
- Have you put any, AHEM, Christmas presents under the tree yet? ;)
- Did NSYNC, 98 Degrees or Destiny's Child's Christmas albums make any appearances this year?
- Is Timberlake The Elf on there?!

Oh and this- "because I like to pause from time to time to sing along with the carols or groove around the tree as I see fit" -cracked me up! I can so see you grooving around the tree! Funny stuff ;)

OzBrat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MuzeKez said...

No tree?! No tree?!? How can that be?! :-O Take a pic of the 30cm one, go on! ;-)

Anywho, as to your questions:

Alas no, I've not put any presents under the tree yet, they are sitting in the big mailing box still, in this here room. I'm not sure if I can risk putting pressies under the tree yet when a certain little person may be visiting before Christmas, and that certain little person, being now 2, comprehends the idea of "presents = unwrap!" ;-) *heeheehee*

I don't have Destiny's Child's Christmas album - is it good? But yes, NSYNC did most certainly make an appearance! At least, the first half of the album did, then I ran out of decorating to do. ;-) "It's beautiful under my tree!"

Oh my, I can't believe you didn't notice Timberlake the Elf - he's right there, front and centre! Okay, granted it is a little hard to make out, but I think you can spot the big red blog, yeah? I laughed when I stuck him on there. Ho ho ho! Now where's that story...

MuzeKez said...

big red blog? Ha! Big red blob even. :-)

Also, I just found my Timberlake the Elf story, and read it, and laffed and laffed! *bwahaha*

OzBrat said...

I'll take a pic of the 30cm one and give a little story to go with it. How's that? (remind me in a few days if I've forgotten!)

Completely understand about the no-presents-under-the-tree-yet thing. That right there is part of the story as to why we don't have a tree this year. Only part of, though.

I do have Destiny's Child's Christmas album and I *think* it's good :P I play it every year over the office's hold music, but that's mainly for people who call, not me. I'm usually playing the other two I mentioned on my own computer so no phone calls cut them off when it rings. Ha!

Ok I see Timberlake the Elf now. My bad! I realize my mistake though - I had the image of the little guy you used for the header of your story in my head, which as you may now know (if you kept the HTML version), is small and petite, and more on the green side than red. (I think?)

And sista, it wouldn't be Christmas without your story. I shall read it closer to the Big Day, just as I always have. LOL!

Pickwick said...

I sense that there's a story there that needs to be SHARED! Hehe

I wasn't going to have a tree this year - just l'il ole me and I'll be gone before Christmas. Now I'm wondering if people may be more disposed to buy my house if it did demonstrate some cheer. Maybe some decos, even if not a tree as such...

Hmmm

Inspiral said...

If you hadn't put in the age being 2 I could have sworn you meant Ben would get to the presents early! ;)

Ben said...

thay's no traesure what can be hidden from the likes of me, yee harr har *kaff*kaff*

Inspiral said...

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but is there a Charlie's Angel to go with the Timberlake Elf?

OzBrat said...

BWAHAHA!!