Friday, December 10, 2004

incidents, observations and ideas

Yesterday, while shopping with my sis-in-law Inspiral, I suspect I was the unwitting victim of some shopping centre rage! We were strolling away from New Zealand icecream, sipping our Chillos (I went for mint-choc, Inspiral taste-tested the cookies'n'cream), when I felt something slam into my ankle. Turning around, I discovered it was a shopping trolley being pushed by a woman who I imagine thought we weren't walking fast enough. "Sorry!" she said, not very sincerely. Humph! Inspiral and I veered off to the left, away from the crazy-woman-with-trolley.


* * * * *


Did you know, when you overmelt Melts, they don't just become super liquid chocolate, but rather weird, hard, crunchy-looking lumps that don't look fit for human consumption. Go figure.


* * * * *


Rexona deoderant acts as a fertiliser on underarm hair. Just trust me on this one, folks.


* * * * *


I'm a pretty fussy eater, which can lead to some, shall we say, interesting requests when getting takeaway. At Subway, when asked which salad items I would like added to my Pizza sub (with chicken and bacon, mmMMM!), I requested only pickles and capsicum. The "sandwich artiste" seemed a little thrown by the request as for a good few seconds her hand kept reaching into the lettuce. No lettuce! Lettuce is for rabbits! Yuck!


* * * * *


You know you're getting older and losing your svelte figure when you go shopping for swimwear and bypass the bikini racks heading straight for the one-piece, in black (very slimming!), low cut at the bottom and high cut at the top... and then you grab a pair of baggy knee-length boardies as well.


* * * * *


Marshmallows are really hard to chop. Yep. Those suckers are so darn sticky on the inside.


* * * * *


My Christmas card list seems to dwindle every year. This year I believe I will only be sending four Christmas cards. I suppose this qualifies me as "sad and lonely", though I don't feel that way. Seems I have many friends who have never cared to pass on their postal addresses! At least it's a saving when buying packs of Christmas cards. I need only buy one pack every half-dozen years. I wonder if those few people who are recipients of cards from me will notice that they are receiving the exact same card design several years running..


* * * * *


If I ever make it to New Zealand, I am so gonna go Zorbing!

-----

6 comments:

Pickwick said...

Well do I know the feeling of avoiding the bikinis, though I have never really gone in for the baggy shorts. Can I assure you, however, that a renaissance of sorts is not impossible. I recently purchased a bikini - my first in 21 years! Who'd have thunk it? Certainly not me!

Really it was just a strategy to avoid trying to remember the local vernacular re swimmers, bathers, togs or a cosi. A bikini is a bikini is a bikini!

Casyn said...

Ever tried leaving the marshmallows in the fridge or freezer before chopping?

Inspiral said...

Zorbing looks like it would be awesome, I'd love to have a try. Let's go!

How's your ankle?

MuzeKez said...

Pickles, I think for me to ever feel obliged to purchase another bikini, I would need to stop indulging my sweet tooth. Unfortunately, my sweet tooth seems to be well and truly my Master, and I its ever loyal servant.. especially at this time of year. ;-) Also, for the record, I typically say "togs".

Casyn, I like your thinking! I'm going to refridgerate the sticky little blighters next time I make the recipe requiring chopped marshmallows. Cheers for the suggestion!

Inspiral, I'll start saving my pennies for our trip to New Zealand! Zorbing, here we come! By the way, my introduction to zorbing came via "The Amazing Race" and I have to say all the race competitors looked like they had an absolute blast doing it. Good clean fun!

OzBrat said...

If you go to New Zealand before you come here I will never speak to you again :P

The Saturnyne said...

Yaay for Zorbing!

Been far too long since i was here last. (I was here before, wasn't i? I'm sure it wasn't a dream...)

Hi, Muzeykezzz!

S.x