Tuesday, November 02, 2004

random space-filling nonsense

Poor blog! It's been looking rather neglected this past week (and a bit), apart from its gentle facelift, of course. Yeah, look at my blog, all style and no substance! Quite the opposite from me, or at least I like to think I'm all substance and no style. Well I know I've got the "no style" bit down pat.. ;-)

Anyway, life has been pretty average since I finished uni. Any sane person, in my position, would be doing cartwheels over the fact that another university semester has bitten the dust, staring down the barrel of months of holiday bliss. But not me. Nope. Instead, I am meandering around feeling just generally "meh" about life.

I've decided the problem is that I define myself as: Uni Student. Thus, when university ended for the year I became: Blot. Now, when I am Uni Student, I feel that I have purpose, and a sense of direction, and that I belong somewhere in this big scary world. When I am Blot, I lack purpose, and direction, and wonder where I fit.

Blot. Blot. Blot.

Admit it, you love that word as much as I do!

I'm sure I should have all this stuff sorted by my age, but you know, I've always been a bit of a late bloomer. Or maybe it's just a really early mid-life crisis. Yeah, that might be a more positive way to look at things.

So! I went shopping the other day (because shopping is fun even when you're lacking wads of cash) in search of Josh Groban CDs. I've been seeking them for a while, and they're either difficult to come by, or really expensive. And when I say really expensive, I'm talking $33. That's nuts, who pays that much for a CD? Certainly not I, said the not-so-nutty squirrel. Disheartened at the lack of affordable Josh Groban CDs, I decided to cheer myself up by buying "Troy" on DVD. I missed seeing it at the cinemas, though for the life of me I can't recall how that happened. I know that I had every desire and intention to see it at the cinema but it just didn't happen. And now that I've since seen it on a small screen, I really regret missing the opportunity to bask in its beauty in an appropriate environment. Boo hoo! :-(

Yes, one really should see a buffed Eric Bana on the big screen.

*wink*! Obvious aesthetic pleasures aside, I did find the movie really entertaining. And knowing squat about history, I of course didn't notice the apparently numerous liberties taken by the script-writers. Sometimes ignorance is a bonus! (Mostly it's an embarrassment.)

But anyway, imagine my surprise and delight to discover that the song playing over the end credits was performed by none other than Josh Groban! Yep, turns out I scored some Groban goodness after all. :-)

-----

6 comments:

Casyn said...

I have the first Josh CD. Rather good. I've not bought the latest one yet, but I've seen it in Big W for around $20. What about JB Hifi in the city?

Pickwick said...

You have 18 days to resolve your blottiness! :-D

MuzeKez said...

Casyn, I've not been able to find any Groban CDs in the local department stores (Big W, K-Mart, Target) - how slack is that! There's a JB Hi-Fi not far from here, I was there the other day but I think I was distracted by DVDs. :-) Anyway, I managed to find an online store that has both albums cheap so, huzzah!!

MuzeKez said...

Oh no! Is there an "or else!" attached to that sentence Pickles? ;-)

Ben said...

come in to the city. i can't pay you, but i can give you plenty of work to fill the void.

OzBrat said...

Where did you find the cheap Josh CD's? Mum wants one now.

Me: What would you like for Christmas?
Mum: That song Daniel sang. Does the original singer have a CD?
Me: Yeah, he does actually.
Mum: Any good?
Me: No idea.

She still wants one though :P