Sunday, January 23, 2005

cakes and the queensland heat

Yesterday was my Mother's birthday, so in honour of the occasion I baked a chocolate cake. Much of it was devoured for afternoon tea, but we left the remaining quarter in a container on the kitchen bench. This morning when I rose, groggy and sleep-deprived due to an unpleasant hot and humid Queensland summer night, Mum greeted me with a solemn face and told me there had been a "cake accident" overnight. Despite taking extra care to ensure the icing was nice 'n solid so it wouldn't liquify, well, see for yourself what happened!


cake accident


Evidently cake icing doesn't cope too well with Queensland heat and humidity! Either that or the darn stuff came ALIVE and is trying to escape being eaten!

-----

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Umm...yeah...it's..uh..kind of hard to..uh..say...yum.