Monday, April 18, 2005

a happy photographic accident

So little time, so much to do - but I had to pause in my assignment work to share a couple of photographs I took at a local park yesterday (click for enlarged view):




The photograph on the left, I accidentally forgot to turn off the flash (probably blinded the poor lizard, *gulp*) - but was delighted to find when I looked at the pic at home, my accident had resulted in a spiffy photograph! The photograph on the right is, of course, minus flash.

Anyway, I think bearded dragons are so cool, and this guy was patient enough to allow me to photograph him numerous times, so naturally I had to share his glorious self for others to admire! I attempted to hand-feed him some bread (which I had been feeding to the ducks, until I noticed this guy nibbling after some) and he let me get close enough to tickle his nose with it, but that made him shy away. Alas! So I dropped it in front of him and he gobbled it up happily after I had moved away. His reward for being such a well-behaved photographic subject. :-)

-----

3 comments:

Ben said...

awesome photos... so colourful! :)

Onanymous said...

Much prettiness. I wish we had some of those too.

OzBrat said...

What is it with you and lizards?!

Great photos btw! Almost professional level.